How to Make Your Own Graphics with Canva
A lot of my clients love the graphics, images, I create for their website, social media posts, blogs… They also know the benefit of hiring me to create their website.
But if you like to do DIY small stuff on your own and save money meet Canva. Canva is “amazingly simple graphic design software” and it’s super easy to learn. You can add your own brand colors, logos, choose from stock photography or upload your own photos.
In the following tutorial, I will show you how to create an Instagram post for a workshop. You can use this as a guide to creating all sorts of other kinds of graphics.
Let’s get started:
1. Create your Canva account, easy peasy.
2. After logging in we will be presented with few different templates we can choose from.
3. For our design we are going to use Instagram Post. Click on “Create a design”. Choose IG post under Soc. Media Posts.
4. Here we are presented with blank canvas on the right and “toolbar” on the left.
5. Let’s start adding by adding background to our design. Under elements select Free Photos (There’s option to upload your own images). `
6. Next click on shapes and select rectangle. Here we can change rectangle color, transparency, and size. Feel free to play around.
7. Time to add text. For this tutorial I used workshop info from Yoga Tree in San Francisco. We can change text color, font, text or font spacing. For our design I used Playfair Display for heading and Raleway for subheading and body text.
8. Let’s add more text
9. Next step is to adjust spacing and alignment between text. Remember: as in yoga, design is all about balance.
10. It's looks good, YAY. We can either download our design or share it on Twitter or Facebook.
Our final design is looking good. Now go and make something fabulous.